Skype
dabarles

As Soon As She Was There As Soon As She Was There

I feel like I can hear several bass lines, melodies, and riffs (so to speak) from various pop songs. Maybe I'm crazy. The intro in the bass reminds me of Birdland, which is epic. The right hand around :38 sounds super freaking familiar and I can't quite place it.
This is some really cool improv, regardless. It sounds energetic and fun, and flows very well.

-Lilium- (Cover) -Lilium- (Cover)

I've always loved Elfen Lied and this song. I also took the time to learn it, but I'm nowhere near as good as you are at it. This is by far the best cover of it I have found.

I'm torn between which sound I like better. I love the tonal differences also. The music box sounds so much more sweet and innocent than the deep piano. But the piano is just as soothing and wonderful. I've thought about attempting to make a cover of this for NG, but I can't bring myself to do it. It's such an emotional piece.

Back-From-Purgatory responds:

Best cover? You flatter me!

And don't be discouraged, if you wanna cover something, just do it, it's always satisfying!

-Above It All-(Feat. BMI) -Above It All-(Feat. BMI)

I absolutely love this piece. The riffs sound so cool. BMI sounds a little like Howard Jones from Killswitch Engage, which is definitely awesome. The drums almost sound a little buried in here, but I still love everything done here. It's not as edgy as I thought it would be, but the vocals were crisp, especially those fry vocals in the middle around the 1 minute mark. This is a great track and I really want to hear more!

Back-From-Purgatory responds:

Glad you like it... more on the way... uhhh... soon... ish.